Preliminary Itinerary. (Weather permitting.)
• Location: Page, Arizona and Navajoland of Northern Arizona. Home area of Mylo.
“Mylo will always have the supreme upper hand in photographing this area of Northern Arizona. It’s his home!!! He has access the outside world doesn’t. For that reason and his knowledge of land, light and landscape photography mechanics, one may jeopardize his photographic visit if not with Mylo.” Name Withheld for Intended Purposes
(Photographer and Owner of Multiple Galleries on the Las Vegas strip and other locations).
• Workshop Host Location: Courtyard by Marriott 600 Clubhouse Drive. Page, AZ 86040.
• When: October 11-13th 2013 Three (3) full days. One of the only places where a workshop can use all the available light provided in a day. This isn’t a sunrise/sunset only photographic location. Adequate classroom work and rest will be provided. You won’t burn out.
• Where: 10-12 locations. Colorado River, Slot Canyons, sand dunes, sage and Navajo sandstone formations. How to use clouds to your advantage and how to create stunning images with severe clear –no cloud filled skies. (Weather permitting ☺)
• What: The Field Work. We will cover using an assortment of filters, composition, and artistic emotion in the image, why your best friends name is Histogram, tripod usage and creating panoramic images. A lot of hands on, one on one field work from award winning photographers Adam Barker and Mylo Fowler. They will always be in reach of assistance for help, review and critiques.
• Taking your photography to the next level: 5 to 6 Classroom Sessions: Conference Room setting. We will dive into exposing great images and creating stunning fine art with post processing software. We will cover creating exceptional compositions, controlling all elements of light, sharp as tact depth of field images, color renditions and high quality creativity from your camera. How to create a few supreme images instead of hoarding 5,000 images from a location you will never use.
One of the highlight classroom sessions will be the group critique sessions. Why? This will allow you to see your work from a different perspective. IF you want long lasting friends in the photography world, this is where a lot of the friendships start. Heck, even some marriages! For you single lads and ladies, this isn’t a place to find your future love. Actually, it is. Your love of photography will grow on this workshop! All in all you will get a chance to express your views, speak the same language with fellow photographers that your other friends and family just don’t understand….
• Who is this for? This workshop excursion with Adam and Mylo is for someone who:
➢ …Just bought or was given a digital camera last Christmas and wants to KNOW how to use it and what all the options mean in easy, understandable terms.
➢ …Has less than 5 years of photography experience.
➢ …Is a seasoned amateur or professional looking for the premium guide to the sweet places of Northern Arizona.
➢ …Wants to create 40” prints of stunning desert formations and slot canyon colors.
➢ …Wants to increase their photography IQ.
➢ …Likes hands on teaching. It is for someone who doesn’t want to read the 600 page Owners Manual and for someone who wants to get to the good and juicy elements of creating Award Winning Images.
➢ …Wants to return home knowing more about their camera, equipment and REALLY understanding the camera they bought and had all along.
➢ …Uses film or digital image capture systems. From Cropped sensor, full frame, 35mm, medium and large format film cameras.
➢ …Uses Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Sony and other systems.
➢ …Wants to expand their image design with various filters from Singh Ray and tripod systems.
➢ …Is getting ready to go on another world class trip and wants to know what to do on their trip. Trust me. You won’t believe how many people come on workshops so they know what to do in Italy, Alaska or in Antarctica. You will be better prepared for your next trip!
• Most importantly, you will have a safe and fun few days in the Desert Southwest! You will be able to create stunning images even in the wildest weather conditions.
• The Area: The Colorado Plateau provides an array of image capture and composition. From Page, AZ to Mylo’s home which is about a 35 minute drive South of Page, you will climb over 2,000 feet in elevation. There truly is beauty all around. You will be able to photograph the butte’s that surround Lake Powell, Navajo Mountain that peaks at 10,387’ and other desert formations. October could provide some of the most interesting weather patterns. Snow, lightning, rain, puddles, fog, warm afternoons and incredible cloud formations are very likely. These are the ultimate natural elements in creating 5 star images. You will visually get a full access pass to the workflow, image capture and image creation of Adam Barker and Mylo Fowler. Ultimately, you will build upon your unique foundation and take your photography knowledge, presentation and portfolio to the next level.
It’s about having a memorable time and maybe you will have a life changing experience. Both Adam and Mylo have guided and provided similar workshop services for years. Mylo has guided slot canyon excursions and exotic landscape workshops that number into the thousands. He has worked with many camera makes and models, television companies from National Geographic to Weekend Explorer, publications from Outdoor Photographer Magazine to Arizona Highways. He was recently sought out to assist with Phase One (PODAS) and called on by some of the world’s finest Master Landscape photographers.
He is highly recommended by the Navajo Nation as a steward of the land and caters to personalize all experiences of high caliber companies, networks and the photographer’s experience.
• BONUS: 1.5 – 2 hour Session: Mylo will cover a “How To Create Fine Art and Do Well” class. He will dive into how to create Fine Art images. From creation to presentation. This is usually one of the highlights of the event. Mylo will share with you hot points, important aspects of fine art and how to create images you will be happy to display in your home or gallery. Especially if you are thinking about creating an extra income doing what you love! Taking photographs. He will share with you how to invest in your work. Roma Mouldings will be a sponsor of this classroom session.
We will have demo gear on hand for workshop attendees from the following sponsors: Singh Ray Filters, Manfrotto/Gitzo Tripods, Arc’teryx Outerwear, Clikelite Backpacks, Suunto Watches and Canon
Questions??? Contact Adam at 801-550-9141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.