We have arrived. Stoked to be spending some time in this part of the country for the next couple of days. Here’s to cooperative weather and inspiration!
Looking for that perfect something for that special someone who has (almost) everything? Look no further! These items are not only some of my favorite, they are the items I use most in my daily routine of office work, shutter clicking and adventuring (with a couple of token ABP gifts thrown in for good measure!). They run the gamut from inexpensive to rather hefty. But hey–it’s the Holidays! Splurge a little! (listed in no particular order–items are linked at heading)
Full Disclosure: Many of these items are from my sponsors. I promote what I use, and I don’t use it if it hasn’t performed for me in a consistent manner. These brands have been integrated into both my workflow/routine and my promotional agenda because they produce legit goods that perform under pressure. Plus, they’re a 10 on the “cool” scale! Have a read…
1. Mountain Khakis Flannel-lined Original Mountain Pants: And you thought sliced bread was grand…check out these comfy duds that will stand up to the abuse of even the heartiest outdoorsman. It’s like wearing your favorite sweats everywhere, only you don’t look like the guy that just rolled out of bed at 11:30 am.
2. Arc’teryx Sabre SV Jacket: Through the roof on both the steeze and functionality scale. This is my jacket of choice for shooting and shredding both in and out of bounds. In a word??? BOMBER. The folks at Arc’teryx have it allllllll figured out.
3. Suunto Elementum Terra Steel: It’s James Bond meets George Clooney. This watch is at home on the hill, or accepting that much sought after award at the Black Tie gala of the year for “Man of the Hour, Every Hour”. Yes, it will set you back a pretty penny, and it’s worth every, last, one.
4. AdamBarkerPhotography Flyfishing Tryptich: The perfect wall hanger for that angler in your life. Three 5 x 7 prints encompassing the flyfishing experience, double matted and framed in an elegant dark wood molding. This is a limited edition of just 100–so get your order on!
5. Singh Ray LB Warming Polarizer: Hands down my most used and trusted filter for landscape and active lifestyle photography. Read through my blog archives or head over to the Singh Ray Blog if you’re not familiar with this filter.
6. Kinesis Gear Grad ND Filter Pouch: Most likely the most cost-effective piece of gear I own. It’s super nice to have your full quiver of Grad NDs right at your finger tips when conditions are going off. And it’s very affordable, to boot!
7. AdamBarkerPhotography Instructional DVD: Completing Your Outdoor Photography with Landscape Filters: I’ve received countless emails from photographers noting this DVD has helped them take their outdoor photography up a notch or twelve. It’s a 4-hour workshop that you can attend as often as you like! Also available on iTunes!
8. Subaru Outback 3.6R: Ok–so I have a vehicle on my top 10 list. But really, you never know what Santa might be shopping for. This is a lean, mean adventuring machine. Forget the station wagon of yester-year, this “cross-over” has more clearance than a Jeep Grand Cherokee and mine even sports wi-fi. If you’re on the hunt for a new whip, you’d be crazy not to give this bad boy a serious look. Give the fine people at Mark Miller Subaru a visit–they will get you taken care of!
9. Clik Elite Escape Backpack: My go-to pack for both wandering the local trails and traveling the world. This pack is large enough to fit a serious load of gear, yet it wears comfortably and fits in most overhead airline compartments.
10. Salomon Rocker 2: . The Rocker 2 is the ultimate pow-schralping machine! When it’s over head and you’re under gunned, strap this baby on your feet and let the good times roll.
Mark Miller Subaru named Official Vehicle Sponsor of AdamBarkerPhotography
April 11, 2011 (Salt Lake City) – Utah-based landscape and active lifestyle photographer Adam Barker and Mark Miller Subaru have teamed up to create the ultimate photo gear hauler and mobile adventure center.
Wrapped in stunning AdamBarkerPhotography imagery, the 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R is a moving representation of western imagery combined with the latest in all-wheel-drive technology to access each location.
“This relationship with Mark Miller Subaru has been an ideal way to showcase the best outdoor adventure vehicle and images of the same,” said Barker. “Whether I’m driving up Little Cottonwood Canyon in a foot of snow or on a sandy road in the desert, I need a vehicle that can carry all of my equipment and give me the confidence to get where I need to go.”
Sporting everything from mobile internet and mobile,find out more at badcreditmobiles.net, to an integrated GPS navigation system and even a convenient 110V Power Source, the all-wheel drive Outback is equipped to provide Barker with everything he needs to get to the locations that consistently offer opportunities for capturing magazine quality images. Upon arrival, Barker is able to utilize the vehicle as a mobile office – uploading, editing and sharing imagery on site.
“As a renowned and critically acclaimed photographer, Adam Barker is a fantastic ambassador for the Mark Miller Subaru brand. We look forward to working with Adam and utilizing his positive influence over his social media fans and followers to further expand our marketing outreach,” says Jeff Miller, General Manager of Mark Miller Subaru South Towne.
About photographer Adam Barker
Adam Barker is an award-winning photographer and noted educator specializing in scenic landscape, active lifestyle and destination imagery. His work has been featured in numerous publications including Outdoor Photographer, Ski, Skiing, Volkswagen’s Das Auto, American Angler, The Drake, Fly Fisherman, the Flyfish Journal, USA Today and many more. Visit www.adambarkerphotography.com to view his work.
About Mark Miller Subaru
Mark Miller Subaru has been selling and servicing new and used Subaru vehicles since 1971. With two locations at 3535 South State Street in Salt Lake City and 10920 South State Street in Sandy, they are able to provide great customer service for the entire Wasatch Front. Visit www.markmillersubaru.com to view their inventory, see their specials, order a part or schedule a service appointment.
Mark Miller Subaru
George Rosca, Digital Marketing Manager